Monday, March 18, 2013

Peace Will Come

It has been a long 5 years for Evelyn.  Husband in a coma after a traffic accident.  Young children to raise.  Balancing the finances, job, children and taking over the personal care of her loving husband each day.   Her supply of peace was getting low.....

Five years ago, I had rescued 28 kittens from our little farm.  In the process of finding them a home a young couple came to my home and fell in love with one of my favorite little gray kittens.  It would lay on its back in the palm of your hands and when you massaged its neck it would become purring putty in your hands and fall limp as a ragdoll.  I liked the couple instantly and I knew this was the right home for her.

I was blessed with the privilege of delivering the quilt.  I met her at the hospital in her husbands room.  As I walked into the room and our eyes met...she opened her arms and came to me..."THE CAT LADY, YOUR THE CAT LADY".  

In one lifetime, I was able to give her both the comfort of a kitten and a blanket of peace.  

She sent me a text that evening, "I am sitting in my recliner, with my bible, wrapped in my God quilt."   ONE QUILT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

No comments: